19 Outstanding Ideas For Your Term Paper On The Great Gatsby
For those who have watched the Great Gatsby, it must have been an awesome film. It is actually one of the best films that were released during that year. At the same time however, those who have had the pleasure of reading the book must really appreciate the experience. What normally happens when you read a book and watch the film is that you get to overcome the shallow disconnect that exists between both. The literary works normally have a deeper context as compared to the films, so it would be advisable for you to consider reading the book first. You will get a deeper understanding other than the experience that you will get when you watch the film in under 2 hours.
The following are some topics that you can use to write your term paper on the Great Gatsby:
- What makes Gatsby great?
- Discuss the character of Gatsby through the novel
- Describe the effect of Nick as a narrator
- Does Nick have a suspect character as a narrator
- Explain the important elements of the qualities of a good narrator with Nick in mind
- Discuss some of the important symbols in Gatsby
- Explain the importance of symbols in life based on this novel
- The importance of geographical locations in this novel
- Discuss the use of green light at Daisy’s dock in the novel
- What is the significance of the eyes of Doctor T.J. Eckleburg in the novel?
- Explain the impact of geography to the characters
- Analyze the role of setting in this novel
- Explain the prominent themes and characters throughout the novel
- Why would you consider this an autobiographic novel
- Compare and contrast with a view to the novel, Gatsby, Nick and Fitzgerald
- Represent the American dream through the eyes of Gatsby
- Draw comparisons between Tom and Gatsby
- Compare the concept of the American dream in the 1920s and what we have today
- Give your evaluation of the novel from an artistic point of view
This is the kind of novel that the finest literary works are made of. Besides the worldwide acclaim, it is an incredible piece of work, and reading it will endear you to so much. The insight into the novel and the analytical point of view should be seen through your paper.